This survey aims to determine:
1) The level of interest in a central CRC Pool
2) Desired structure of such CRC Pool
3) Acceptable recharge practices
The CTSC would hire, train, and supervise the Clinical Research Coordinator Pool. At the onset, the pool would consist of three CRCs, and depending on the institutional needs, may be expanded as demand grows. The pool would augment, not supplant, existing coordinators. The purpose of such a pool may be to:
enable new PIs to initiate clinical trials,
support departments with a temporary break in service, and
support departments with an overage of clinical trials.
In addition to the immediate CRC activities, the pool services may include monitoring/QA and regulatory paperwork.
The following recharge mechanisms are proposed for your consideration:
1) Hourly at the established recharge rate ($74/hr for Sr. CRC, includes benefits). Once the Department and CTCS agree on the scope of the project, CTSC will bill per hour. Detailed monthly invoice with hours spent will be provided to the Department.
2) Long term (i.e.yearly) contracts at 20% discount ($60/hr). Under this option, the full amount is fronted at the time of the agreement. Following that, the Department has full freedom to use the labor for any relevant projects. Detailed monthly statement of hours used will be provided to the Department.
3) For industry studies where the CTSC pool covers the entire study or a large portion of the study, the billing will be based on per visit costs as detailed in the Unified Budget Template (included in the Clinical Trial Agreement).
4) Investigator Awards. The CTSC will evaluate the requests from the junior faculty and award up to 100 hours of “subsidized” CRC support to deserving projects.
Please respond to the following survey so that In order to evaluate the support for these various options.