The BRIDGE access request and user agreement
Welcome to the BRIDGE!
The BRIDGE is a data management tool that links IRB data with the Epic EMR. It enables users to annotate basic IRB information that will be uploaded into the Epic EMR to create a “Research Study Record.”
Research Study Record (RSH) is a key identifier for those encounters, patients and procedures that “belong" to clinical trial protocols. RSH enables to separate the protocol-related services and then sort the related charges to “billable to insurance” and “billable to the study.”
You must have KERBEROS ID/password to access the BRIDGE data. If you do not, please begin the approval process immediately by creating an on-line request from the UC Davis Computing Account Services (https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu/cgi-bin/services/index.cgi?action=NewAccount&From=main_menu).
The BRIDGE is provided for the exclusive purpose described above and may not be used for any other purpose. It is only available to authorized users with a *.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu email account and a UCD Kerberos ID. Protected Health Information (PHI) may not be entered into this database.
The BRIDGE is self-administered – users are responsible for creation/maintenance of their data.
By accepting access to the BRIDGE, users agree to the following:
1. The BRIDGE login credentials are the same as your institutional login and password (Kerberos).
2. Users will not share their login credentials with anybody, including other team members working on the project. The user’s login will serve as their legally binding electronic signature.
3. The BRIDGE is provided the sole purpose of linking the IRB records with the Epic EMR and may NOT be used to collect, store, or manipulate study data or PHI.
4. Users are responsible for the manual input and management of data created within the BRIDGE. Access to training materials online is available.
5. Users noted to violate the restriction against specific use or storage of PHI may have their privileges revoked.